When you name a star for your mother with Name A Star Live, your gift set includes a letter-size Star Certificate that displays the name of your star, the star’s astronomical coordinates, and a message for your mother.
All Name A Star Live gift sets include a letter-size Star Certificate that displays the name of your star, what the star is named in honor of (such as a graduation, anniversary, etc.), the star’s registration date, a personal message you write for your gift recipient, and the astronomical coordinates of your star. Continue reading “Your star’s astronomical coordinates, explained”
We invite you to suggest a name for our next mission where we will fly our customers’ star names into space. The mission is scheduled for launch on November 5, 2015 and will fly from Spaceport America, New Mexico, where we have flown several times before. The winner of the contest will receive a mission patch that we have flown in space, together with a certificate of authenticity! Continue reading “Name that mission!”
Today, April 22, 2014 is Earth Day, and what better way to celebrate than taking a look at our home planet from space. Continue reading “Satellite View of the Americas on Earth Day”
Love is certainly one of the main reasons: Couples have gazed at the stars above for countless generations. Like true love, the stars are beautiful and eternal, they are a powerful source of energy and light in an otherwise lonely existence, and their sparkle brings joy to our hearts. When we view the heavens above, we join with generations – past and future – that have gazed/will gaze upon the same heavenly view in awe and wonder.
For the first time ever Name A Star Live (Houston, Texas), the company that makes it real by launching your star name into space, has partnered with the eco-fashion brand Teeki in an effort to help promote awareness of a more sustainable future and lifestyle for humanity. They will be launching the material from which 8 pairs of special edition yoga pants will be made for the new Teeki line “the Age of Aquarius.” The launch known as The Centennial Flight is currently scheduled for liftoff on June 21, 2013 out of Spaceport America, New Mexico.
This “Earth Rise Service” mission will fly Teeki’s payload, attached to UP Aerospace’s SpaceLoft™ XL SL-7 launch vehicle. After flying in the zero gravity environment of space, the launch vehicle carrying the payload will safely return to Earth via parachute. Once recovered it will be retrieved and given back to Teeki, who will then take it for manufacturing.
Teeki has joined up in supporting the exploration of outer space “because ultimately it is about a journey of discovery, sustainability, and making our Planet (our only precious habitat) a better and healthier place to live,” said Teeki owner/designer, Lindsay Hemric. Continue reading “Space Meets Yoga Fashion: First Ever Fashion Line To Be Launched Into Space”
Name A Star Live launches your star name into space, making you part of a real space mission! After the flight we e-mail you a Launch Certificate, verifying that your star name has flown among the stars.
The Centennial Flight carried into space the star names of all of our customers who named stars with us on, or before, May 22, 2013. Launch occurred on a SpaceLoft XL launch vehicle built and flown by our launch service provider for this mission, UP Aerospace.
Launch occured from Spaceport America, New Mexico – the world’s first purpose built commercial spaceport, and future home to the SpaceShip II missions of Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic aerospace company. Continue reading “The Centennial Flight”
As you’re thinking about what to get your significant other for Valentine’s Day, you might be interested in some of the Valentine’s Day messages Name A Star Live customers have included on their Star Certificates in recent weeks. Below are some of the best messages we’ve received so far. Of course, we’ve changed the names in the messages to protect the privacy of our customers. We hope these examples will give you some ideas about what to write for your loved one. Have a happy Valentine’s Day!
- To my husband, BAC: I love you more than all the stars; even to Andromeda and back! Our eternal love will forever hold a place in the sky <3 Love your wife, MEC
- Happy Valentine’s Day, my love! Our first together, but let this star shine as brightly as our love grows each day. Now we can say our love has traveled through space and time! I love you, my heart!
- To my gorgeous boyfriend. Now you have a star named after you. Happy Valentine’s Day. Our love will last for thousands of years like a star lives. Lots and lots of love forever xxxxx
- A star is an amazing thing, beautiful and breathtaking. I dedicate this star as a symbol of our love, burning hot and bright through eternity. I love you.
- Once upon a time I wished upon a star for a sweet, handsome, honest, fun, loving, caring, smart, and romantic man. You’re everything I ever dreamed of. You are my prince 🙂 I love you xoxo
- No matter where we are under the stars, we will always be together…
- To a wonderful Husband, Father and Friend. Every time you look into the night sky, I hope you see your star! “To love another person is to see the face of God.” – Victor Hugo
- Princess, I love you to the stars! This one is named for you, the most adored person in my life! Your smile lights my soul more than the brightest star. I wish I could lasso it and give it to you!
- Loving you is like breathing I just can’t stop. How I wish that I could spend my whole life under the skies watching the stars with you. I Love you.
- May this star prove my undying love for you. I love you my beautiful princess, forever and always.